This event has passed, please check our latest events
Added by: John_6604
From 14:00pm to 22:00pm
Before we know it summer will be upon us, and by popular demand, so will this festival.....
Following the great success of last years festival, the line-up had to “equally.......if not more impressive” and with Jacqui McShee's Pentangle headlining, special guest Julie Felix and four other very different striking acts; this will most definitely be a musical experience not to miss!
Born in London on Christmas day 1943 Jacqui McShee grew up listening to music played on her parents gramophone - from Fats Waller, Ella Fitzgerald and big bands through to popular classics. Jacqui showed little interest in music though until she heard Miles Davis and John Coltrane at CND friends, becoming the most important thing for her – it quite literally changed her life. On CND marches she would lead the singing with her sister Pam and did many gigs locally in South East London for charities such as War On Want and Oxfam.
Jacqui’s beautiful crystal-clear vocals set the standard for female British folk and the band was legendary on the folk-rock scene with virtuoso guitarists John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, Danny Thompson and Terry Cox. The original Pentangle expanded the frontiers of Folk in the 1960s and '70s and since then, Jacqui McShee’s Pentangle has progressed and expanded the original concept and continues to make ground-breaking music.
In 1964 Julie Felix arrived in England after leaving California and became the first solo folk artist to be signed to a major British record company when she signed with Decca. In 1966 Julie became the resident singer on the amazingly popular TV programme “The Frost Report”, and quickly became a household name. She went on to appear in her own TV series on BBC1 and BBC2 and recorded hit singles on Mickey Most’s RAK label.
In October 2013, Julie was invited to Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla.
The full line-up comprises of:
· Jacqui McShee's Pentangle - features saxophonist Gary Foote, bassist & guitarist Alan Thompson, drummer & percussionist Gerry Conway and Spencer Cozens on keyboards!
· Julie Felix – with over 50 years in the music world, Julie will be celebrating her 80th birthday in 2018 with a special concert at the Charing Cross Theatre in London!
· Blair Dunlop - in a short four year career is astounding alone but what sets Blair apart from his peers is the lyrical and musical maturity with which he writes!
· Galley Beggar - with a sound that incorporates all manner of unexpected elements while always celebrating the mischievous spirit of folk music across the centuries!
· Said The Maiden - three friends who discovered a mutual love of folk music when they reunited several years after spending their school years together in Hertfordshire!
· The Beaubowbelles - combining the swing, wit and class of a vintage vocal harmony group with the depth, heart and energy of a contemporary English folk band!
No need to worry about searching for food and drinks on the day either, there will be a range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, real ales available and a varied menu that should meet everyone's taste!
Don't miss out on Lincoln Folk, Roots & World Music Festival on Saturday 14th July
The festival will take place at Lincoln Alive, 22 Newland, Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN1 1XD
Early Bird Tickets are only £23.00 and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://www.lincolnfolkfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about the line up and festival in general, please visit http://www.lincolnfolkfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, doors open at 1.30 p.m and the music starts at 2.00 p.m. and ends at 10.00 p.m.